Chris Hutley-Hurst is a U.K.-qualified European counsel based in the London office. Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Hutley-Hurst worked for several years in both the London office and the New York office of another large U.S. firm.
Mr. Hutley-Hurst advises on a range of corporate tax matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, contentious tax matters and VAT. He is a member of the VAT Practitioners’ Group.
Notable experience includes advising:
- DENTSPLY International Inc. in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Astra Tech from AstraZeneca;
- the shareholders of MagistauMunaiGaz on its $4.5 billion sale to KMG and CNPC;
- the seller of OJSC TD Kopeyka on its $1.65 billion sale to X5 Retail Group NV;
- Dixy Group OSJC in its $913 million acquisition of JSC Victoria Group Company;
- International Paper in its $620 million acquisition of a 50 percent equity interest in Ilim Holding and in its 50/50 joint venture with Ilim Holding;
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in a tax dispute with the IRS in connection with foreign tax credits; and
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation in a tax dispute with the IRS in connection with foreign tax credits.
Legal Practice Course, The College of Law, 1998
B.A., Durham University, 1995