John Boyle represents clients in complex litigation involving a wide range of commercial matters before trial and appellate courts, as well as in arbitrations and mediations. His multijurisdictional experience includes appearances in federal and state courts across the United States on behalf of corporations and individuals.
In his practice, Mr. Boyle successfully has represented a diverse client base in various equally diverse matters, including commercial contract disputes, securities fraud claims, employment litigation, trademark disputes, internal investigations, regulatory requests and bankruptcy-related proceedings. Mr. Boyle’s experience includes representing:
- the nation’s leading health care services and information company in an expedited litigation and appeal concerning its $2 billion acquisition of an integrated community-based oncology company;
- an international consumer goods company in a bankruptcy trial against a consortium of lenders concerning the reinstatement of a $1.4 billion loan or, alternatively, a cram-down reorganization;
- a leading U.S. bank in securities fraud, breach of contract and wrongful termination actions arising out of the bank’s acquisition of a multibillion-dollar leasing company from a leading Japanese conglomerate;
- a U.S.-based investment bank against federal securities fraud claims and state law claims arising out of investment banking services and research analyst coverage concerning a leading voice recognition software company;
- CEOs and other similarly situated persons against claims seeking “short-swing profits” under Section 16(b) of the Securities Exchange Act; and
- a leading private equity firm in an action to recover breach of contract and fraud damages arising from its investment in a titanium alloy producer.
On a pro bono basis, Mr. Boyle has worked to assist an international humanitarian and charitable organization in the protection of its trademark rights.
J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1995 (summa cum laude; St. John’s Law Review)
B.A., Regents College, 1993
Law Clerk, Hon. Bruce S. Jenkins, U.S. District Judge, District of Utah (1996-1999)