Corporate Transactions, Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity
Dr. Matthias Jaletzke advises German and international clients, including large corporates and private equity funds, on all issues relating to takeovers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and corporate matters including restructurings.
Representative clients, deals and matters include:
- Apax Partners in its acquisition, subsequent IPO and US$420 million sale of the Versatel Group to KKR; its acquisition of the Tommy Hilfiger Group; and the €920 million sale of a majority stake in IFCO Systems N.V. (Germany) to Brambles Limited (Australia);
- Braskem S.A. (Brazil) in its US$323 million acquisition of the polypropylene business from The Dow Chemical Company;
- Doughty Hanson in its acquisition and subsequent sale of Moeller Group; and its portfolio company Vue Entertainment Ltd. (United Kingdom) in the acquisition of CinemaxX AG (Germany) from Dr. Herbert Kloiber, Dr. Kloiber Vermögensverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH & Co. Beteiligungs KG (Germany) and other shareholders;
- Dürr AG in connection with the sale of the Premier and DTS divisions;
- Fresenius SE in connection with the acquisition of Nestlé’s enteral nutrition business in France and Spain; and in its US$5.6 billion acquisition of APP Pharmaceuticals Inc.;
- Hillenbrand, Inc., a holding company for a funeral products manufacturer and an industrial equipment supplier, in its US$530 million acquisition of Coperion GmbH (Germany), a manufacturer of industrial machinery and plants, from Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (Germany), a private equity firm;
- Odewald & Compagnie, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of Oberberg Kliniken, an operator of mental health clinics. Both parties are based in Germany;
- Orion Cable GmbH in the acquisition of the TeleColumbus Group; in the sale of parts of its business to Kabel Deutschland; and Orion Cable GmbH/Omega S.a. r.l. in the takeover of PrimaCom AG;
- PrimaCom AG in the sale of television cable networks in Aachen and Wiesbaden to Unitymedia Hessen GmbH & Co. KG;
- Quadriga Capital and Barclays Private Equity in their sale of Jack Wolfskin GmbH, a manufacturer and retailer of sportswear and apparel, to The Blackstone Group, L.P.;
- Quadriga Capital on the disposal of the Coventya Group and in its acquisition of the Süddekor Group, the Ipsen Group and the Punker Group; and
- Rain CII Carbon LLC, a subsidiary of Rain Commodities Limited (India), in its US$914 million acquisition of RÜTGERS (Germany), a manufacturer of specialty chemicals, from funds advised by Triton (United Kingdom).
Dr. Jaletzke is ranked a “leading individual” in both M&A and private equity by Chambers Global and Chambers Europe, and he is named as a “leading lawyer” for private equity by JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien.
Dr. jur, University of Mannheim, 1988
Second State Exam, Mannheim Regional Court, 1987
First State Exam, University of Mannheim, 1983
Member, German American Lawyers Association (DAJV
Member, German Association for Corporate Law (VGR) 2001
Member, German Association of Antitrust Lawyers (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht)
Member, German Association for Intellectual Property and Copyright Law