Pete Coulton is a partner in the banking practice of the London office of Skadden, Arps. He advises on a wide range of banking matters, with a particular focus on leveraged finance and restructurings. Mr. Coulton also has experience across other financing disciplines including asset-based finance, structured finance and project finance.
Mr. Coulton has advised lenders, institutional investors and financial sponsors on a wide range of complex, multijurisdictional financings and restructurings including:
- Altimo Holdings & Investments Ltd. in connection with the financing aspects of its tender offer for an approximately 49 percent stake in Orascom Telecom Holding S.A.E.;
- Zobele Holding S.p.A. in connection with its €180 million fixed-rate senior secured notes and €30 million super senior revolving credit facility;
- TMF Group Holding B.V. in connection with its €405 million floating rate senior secured notes, €175 million fixed-rate senior notes and €70 million super senior revolving credit facility;
- Doughty Hanson in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a number of its portfolio companies, including Asco Group, Equity Trust Group, TMF, Norit Industries, KP1, TV3, Moeller, Tumi Group, Balta Industries and Saft;
- HCP, Inc. as the lead investor in a £175 million issuance of senior unsecured notes by Elli Investments Limited in connection with the acquisition of Four Seasons Health Care Holdings Limited;
- Credit Suisse as arranger of senior term and revolving credit facilities for AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group in connection with its IPO;
- UCB in the financing of its bid for Schwarz Pharma AG;
- several private equity portfolio companies in the restructuring of their debt facilities;
- Merrill Lynch as arranger of the facilities for Encore International’s acquisition of New Links Energy Resources; and
- the Westfield Group in connection with the financing of the public bid (by a consortium including Westfield) for Duelguide plc.
Mr. Coulton repeatedly has been listed as a leading lawyer in Chambers Global, Chambers UK and Chambers Europe.
LL.B., Macquarie University, Sydney, 1997
B.A., Macquarie University, Sydney, 1995