Stephanie L. Teicher
Stephanie L. Teicher represents investment banks, commercial banks, financial institution investors, private equity funds and corporations in connection with acquisition financings, leveraged buyouts, bridge loans, private placements and other types of complex and traditional financings. Ms. Teicher’s practice extends across all industries, with a particular emphasis on telecommunications, media and technology.
Examples of Ms. Teicher’s experience include representing:
- A&E Television Networks in its private placement of senior notes and credit facility to finance its redemption of NBC’s equity in A&E;
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, RBS Securities and Morgan Stanley Senior Funding in a $3.1 billion secured credit facility for Crown Castle International;
- Crane Co. in its $600 million financing in connection with its pending acquisition of MEI Conlux Holdings and its Japanese affiliate from Bain Capital and Advantage Partners;
- DigitalGlobe in its $1.2 billion financing in connection with its acquisition of GeoEye;
- E. I. DuPont de Nemours and Company in numerous transactions including its $6 billion bridge financing in connection with its acquisition of Danisco A/S and its $4.9 billion sale of DuPont Performance Coatings to The Carlyle Group;
- Express Scripts in numerous transactions, including its $14 billion bridge financing in connection with its acquisition of Medco Health Solutions;
- Hubbard Broadcasting in its $405 million credit facility in connection with its acquisition of 17 radio stations from Bonneville International Corporation;
- J.P. Morgan Chase Bank in a $1 billion credit facility to América Móvil;
- MacAndrews & Forbes in numerous financings, including a $250 million credit facility to finance its going-private acquisition of M&F Worldwide; its $750 million credit facility to finance its leveraged buyout of Deluxe Entertainment Group; and the financing for its leveraged partnership with The Renco Group to own AM General;
- Morgan Stanley Senior Funding in numerous transactions including financings for Cypress Semiconductor; Websense’s acquisition of SurfControl PLC; Merge Healthcare’s acquisition of AMICAS; Intersil Corporation’s acquisition of Techwell; Microsemi Corporation’s acquisitions of Actel Corporation and Zarlink Semiconductor; and Advanced Micro Devices’ acquisition of ATI Technologies;
- NDS Group Limited, a company jointly owned by Permira Funds and News Corporation, in its $1.125 billion credit facility and its $5 billion sale to Cisco Systems;
- Norwest Equity Partners in its senior and mezzanine financing to finance its leveraged buyout of Savage Arms;
- Pacific Equity Partners, an Australian private equity firm, in its $540 million of senior and mezzanine secured credit facilities to finance its investment in 80 percent of American Stock Transfer & Trust Company;
- Permira Advisers in its $500 million leveraged buyout of Intelligrated and its $455 million leveraged buyout and going-private acquisition of Renaissance Learning;
- Société Générale in connection with its sale of TCW Group to The Carlyle Group;
- Sprint Nextel Corporation in connection with its $21.6 billion sale of a 78 percent stake to Softbank Corp. and its $3.6 billion acquisition of the remaining stake in Clearwire Corporation that it does not already own. Both transactions were recognized in the Corporate & Commercial category in the Financial Times’ 2013 U.S. “Innovative Lawyers” report.
Ms. Teicher is recommended as a “leading banking lawyer” by The Legal 500 and IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms.
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center 1996 (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif)
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1993 (magna cum laude)