Energy and Infrastructure Projects
Tatiana Monastyrskaya focuses on representing investment and commercial banks, export credit agencies and underwriters in various types of finance transactions with an emphasis on project finance.
Ms. Monastyrskaya has extensive experience in projects in Middle East investment grade financing (including LNG, LNG shipping, fertilizer industry), as well as renewable energy high-yield secured financings. She is representing or has represented:
- Korea Export Import Bank and Korea Export Insurance Company, Lehman Brothers and Credit Suisse in the US$4.3 billion Qatar Gas National Company Limited (Nakilat) ship financing;
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs in the US$1 billion Qatar Fertilizer Company ammonia and urea plant financing;
- Goldman Sachs and other lead arrangers in connection with $75 million bank facility for the Ivanpah solar project;
- Lehman Brothers and Goldman Sachs International in the US$4.6 billion Ras Laffan II and Ras Laffan 3 financing;
- Santander in connection with $100 million financing for EcoGrove Wind;
- Morgan Stanley in U.S. and international transactions, including high-yield 144A and term loan financings of ethanol plant construction and acquisition (including municipal bond offerings), acquisition of refineries, acquisition and expansion of power plants, renewable energy projects and asset-backed preferred tracking stock offerings;
- U.S. Department of Energy as guarantor of financing for solar and bio-diesel projects in connection with the Loan Guarantee Program for renewable energy; and
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. in negotiations of license, services and engineering agreements in a number of their urea and ammonia projects in North America.
Ms. Monastyrskaya has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. She also was named a finalist in the Up & Coming Energy/Projects Lawyer of the Year category at the inaugural Chambers USA Women in Law Awards 2012.
J.D., George Washington University School of Law, 2004 (Order of Coif)
Ph.D., City University of Hong Kong, 2001
M.A., Moscow State University, 1999 (with highest honors)
B.A., Moscow State University, 1997 (with highest honors)
Research Assistant, City University of Hong Kong (1999-2001)