Energy and Infrastructure Projects
Tatiana Monastyrskaya represents investment banks, commercial banks and borrowers in various types of finance transactions with an emphasis on project finance. She also represents companies in connection with drafting and negotiating of construction contracts, engineering and procurement agreements, and license agreements.
She frequently advises banks, underwriters and export credit agencies, including representing:
- The Export-Import Bank of Korea, Korea Export Insurance Company, Lehman Brothers and Credit Suisse in the $4.3 billion Qatar Gas National Company Limited (Nakilat) ship financing;
- Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, a syndicate of commercial banks, Islamic banks and Servizi Assicurativi del Commercio Estero (SACE), in the $3.6 billion Ras Laffan C financing of the power and water desalination facility in Qatar;
- Goldman Sachs and other lead arrangers in connection with a $75 million bank facility for the Ivanpah solar project;
- Santander in connection with a $100 million financing for EcoGrove Wind;
- Morgan Stanley in a number of transactions, including a $100 million high-yield term loan financing of an ethanol plant construction;
- The U.S. Department of Energy as guarantor of financing for a $1.24 billion utility scale solar project in connection with its loan guarantee program;
- Philadelphia Energy Solutions in connection with asset-based revolving and intermediation facilities with JPMorgan;
- Philadelphia Energy Solutions in a term loan B financing;
- Goldman Sachs in connection with an inverted lease financing for rooftop solar facilities; and
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. in negotiations of license, services, engineering, procurement and construction agreements in a number of their urea and ammonia projects in North America.
Ms. Monastyrskaya has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
J.D., George Washington University School of Law, 2004 (Order of Coif)
Ph.D., City University of Hong Kong, 2001
M.A., Moscow State University, 1999 (with highest honors)
B.A., Moscow State University, 1997 (with highest honors)
Research Assistant, City University of Hong Kong (1999-2001)