Victor Hollender advises on a wide range of U.S. and international tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border financings, spin-offs, initial public offerings and taxation of sovereign entities. Mr. Hollender has extensive experience advising on and structuring a wide variety of financial products, hybrid capital and derivatives transactions, as well as transactions involving the formation and operation of partnerships and joint ventures.
Mr. Hollender has represented:
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in its $20.1 billion acquisition of Grupo Modelo, S.A.B. de C.V.;
- BTG Pactual, Brazil’s largest independent investment bank, in its sale of an approximately 19 percent stake to a consortium of international investors and subsequent $1.95 billion initial public offering;
- Realogy Corporation in its debt refinancing, which included the issuance of $2.7 billion of new extended maturity notes and new convertible notes in exchange for outstanding unsecured notes, and subsequent $1.2 billion initial public offering;
- Pátria Investimentos, an alternative asset management and corporate advisory firm based in Brazil, in its sale of a 40 percent stake to The Blackstone Group L.P.;
- Apax Partners in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing from J.W. Childs Equity Partners and ML Global Private Equity Fund;
- Various prominent sovereign entities in the investment of approximately $5 billion in hedge funds and private equity funds;
- The Marcus Corporation in obtaining an IRS private letter ruling to treat its $213 million special distribution to its shareholders as proceeds of a partial liquidation;
- News Corporation in its acquisition of publicly held Fox Entertainment Group stock;
- AMC Entertainment Inc. in its acquisition by J.P. Morgan Partners, LLC and Apollo Management, L.P.; and
- North Fork Bancorporation, Inc. in its acquisitions of GreenPoint Financial Corp. and The Trust Company of New Jersey.
Mr. Hollender also represents U.S. and international corporations and investment banks in connection with private and public offerings of debt, equity and other financial instruments. Mr. Hollender also has extensive experience in forming investment funds, including exchange funds.
Mr. Hollender lectures in continuing legal education programs and is a contributing author to the Practising Law Institute’s Federal Income Taxation Seminar on topics relating to financial products, partnerships and joint ventures, and corporate tax shelter regulations.
Mr. Hollender repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
J.D., The University of Chicago Law School, (honors)
B.A., The University of Chicago, (honors; Phi Beta Kappa)
Law Clerk, Hon. Renato Beghe, U.S. Tax Court