Warren T. Allen II
Warren Allen represents corporations, their officers, directors, and employees in connection with a wide variety of civil litigation matters and internal investigations. He also focuses on government enforcement matters, including actions initiated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and investigations arising under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Representative cases include the following:
- Representation of multinational firms in connection with FCPA investigations;
- Representation of a former head of a foreign state before the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in connection with an immunity claim;
- Representation of a real estate investment trust in a $22 million fraud and fiduciary duty suit against a broker;
- Representation of a major financial services firm in connection with an investigation of possible insider trading;
- Representation of the D.C. Council in connection with a review of D.C. Council Member Marion Barry’s contract and grant award practices;
- Representation of a member of the “Norfolk Four” in habeas corpus proceedings;
- Representation of a class of real estate investors in a wrongful takings case against the State of Maryland; and
- Representation of former corporate directors in a derivative action brought by a bankruptcy trustee.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Allen served six years as a police officer, including an assignment to the detective bureau.
Mr. Allen serves on the board of directors for the Washington Literacy Center and as an associate trustee for the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs. In 2013 he received the “Klepper Prize for Volunteer Excellence” from the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia for work on behalf of domestic violence survivors.
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2006 (cum laude; Senior Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy)
M.P.P., University of California, Los Angeles, 2003
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1999
Law Clerk, Hon. Gladys Kessler, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2006-2007)