Warren T. Allen II
Warren Allen represents corporations, their officers, directors and employees in a wide variety of litigation matters and internal investigations, including investigations arising under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
A selection of Mr. Allen’s cases includes the following representations:
- multinational firms in connection with FCPA investigations, including investigations in Mexico, Romania, Russia, Argentina, Turkey and other jurisdictions;
- a bank in connection with allegations of benchmark rate manipulation;
- a former head of a foreign state before the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in connection with an immunity claim;
- a real estate investment trust in a $22 million fraud and fiduciary duty suit against a broker;
- a major financial services firm in connection with an investigation of possible insider trading;
- the D.C. Council in connection with a review of D.C. Council Member Marion Barry’s contract and grant award practices;
- a member of the “Norfolk Four” in habeas corpus proceedings;
- a class of real estate investors in a wrongful takings case against the state of Maryland; and
- former corporate directors in a derivative action brought by a bankruptcy trustee.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Allen served six years as a police officer, including an assignment to the detective bureau.
Mr. Allen serves on the board of directors for the Washington Literacy Center and as a trustee for the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs. In 2013, he received the “Klepper Prize for Volunteer Excellence” from the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia for work on behalf of domestic violence survivors.
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2006 (cum laude; Senior Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy)
M.P.P., University of California, Los Angeles, 2003
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1999
Law Clerk, Hon. Gladys Kessler, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2006-2007)