525 University Avenue
Palo Alto, California 94301
Skadden's Palo Alto office serves companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and around the world, providing our clients with the legal and business strategies critical to staying ahead of their competition. Our clients benefit from Skadden’s global resources and our understanding of how business is done — whether in Silicon Valley, Asia, Europe or elsewhere around the world.
Local technology companies, global businesses, private equity funds and financial institutions call on us to resolve their most important legal challenges in a wide range of business sectors, including computer hardware and software, Internet, semiconductors, medical devices, life sciences, energy and financial services.
Why Skadden Palo Alto?
Our clients rely on us for our unparalleled experience structuring deals, our successes at the negotiating table and in the courtroom, and our reputation for providing legal advice that leads to business success. The Palo Alto office is home to an array of practices: corporate, including M&A and corporate finance; tax; commercial and securities litigation; complex intellectual property litigation; IP transactions; antitrust; executive compensation and benefits; and environmental.
Our Palo Alto attorneys:
- have represented 15 of the top 20 companies by market cap in the Bay Area and numerous industry leaders such as Apple, Broadcom, Calera Capital, Goldman Sachs, Hewlett-Packard, McKesson, Medtronic, Oracle, Visa and Yahoo! in a host of transactional and litigation matters.
- are sought-after advisers in Silicon Valley. According to Chambers USA, "Skadden impresses with its high profile in a marketplace largely dominated by firms originating in California." The Daily Journal noted that Skadden Palo Alto has earned its place “among Northern California’s elite corporate legal advisors.”
- have handled some of the largest corporate transactions in history.
- act as lead trial counsel in high-stakes litigation, from patent infringement disputes to insurance litigation to highly publicized cases involving well-known Bay Area and national figures.
- are recognized by the most respected legal guides as being among the top practitioners in the Bay Area and nationwide. Based on input from our clients and our peers, publications such as Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, Law 360 and the Daily Journal, among others, regularly put Skadden’s Palo Alto attorneys at the top of their lists.
- speak and write on the issues important to our clients, providing frequent seminars, white papers and other resources for companies seeking to stay at the forefront of the legal developments that affect their businesses.
- are enthusiastic supporters of pro bono and community enhancement initiatives in the Bay Area and beyond.