Skadden is seeking a Research & Knowledge Manager to join our Research & Knowledge Services team in the Washington, D.C. Office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Research & Knowledge Manager will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Research & Knowledge Manager manages the DC Research & Knowledge (R&K) professional staff. Provides research expertise and guidance to attorneys and department professional staff in corporate and legal practice area research. Analyzes legal, corporate and general resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner. Coordinates current awareness alerts. Works with Knowledge Strategy Counsel to develop and maintain selected practice area databases and websites.
- Manages the DC R&K professional staff, both in the office and remotely.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Global Tax Group R&K Manager to establish long-term professional development goals for the DC research staff.
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Strategy (KS) team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice pages.
- Engages in special R&K projects.
- Works with the NY Digital Trainer to design and implement orientation and training programs and videos for attorneys and department professional staff.
- Forecasts financial and budget requirements for the DC research group and prepares related reports for the Sr. Global Tax Group R&K Manager.
- Assists with evaluating new and updated versions of information resources, both online and print, and recommends beneficial, cost-effective resources for the firm.
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for professional staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for professional staff.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection and training process.
- Monitors time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with firm policies.
- Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of R&K requests.
- Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective reference interviews.
- Distills research results into clear and concise reports of findings.
- Effectively utilizes the firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Monitors email on firm-issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with department professional staff in DC and other offices to complete pending requests.
- Provides on-call assistance to weekend department professional staff when necessary.
- Works with the Sr. Global Tax Group R&K Manager to ensure that department invoices for the DC office are paid on time.
- Initiates disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
- Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the firm's Core Values.
- Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Along with other department Managers, engages in department strategic planning with the Associate Director.
- Forecasts financial and budget requirements for the DC office, prepares related reports, and monitors the budget.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Practical working knowledge of Knowledge Management methods and best practices
- Knowledge of legal and business information sources, both online and print
- Mastery of computer database systems, including Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, Courtroom Insight, Dun & Bradstreet, Cheetah, PACER, Practical Law, PLI, etc.
- General understanding of the budget process
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Proven ability in using web page editors
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Master's Degree in Library Science or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience..
- Minimum of one year of experience in Knowledge Management and the application of information technology to knowledge sharing.
- Minimum of eight years of law firm experience including two years of supervisory experience in a law or business library or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.