Skadden's Corporate team in California (Los Angeles and Palo Alto) is seeking outstanding lateral candidates (Classes of 2015 -2019) with expertise across capital markets and securities transactions, including initial public offerings (IPOs), high yield and investment grade debt, public and private equity offerings, and general corporate and securities matters, including advising on public disclosure and corporate governance matters. Candidates seeking re-location are welcome to apply.
Skadden’s California capital markets practice is ranked in Chambers USA in the prestigious Band 1 for California Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, where one client said: “Skadden is who you hire if the work has to be done right and if you need a creative way to get a deal done," and "you know you are in the best legal hands possible.”
Working in Skadden’s West Coast capital markets practice will give you the opportunity to:
- Lead transactions across the entire spectrum of equity and debt capital markets, including headline-grabbing transactions, which include some of the "largest-ever" and first of their kind matters;
- Work on all traditional capital markets transactions, including IPOs, SPACs, follow-on equity offerings, block trades, "at the market" offerings, investment grade debt, high-yield debt, convertible debt and private placements and investments;
- Structure and execute non-traditional and complex capital markets transactions, including tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations, rights offerings, spin-offs, recapitalizations, restructurings and other customized transactions;
- Build relationships with a diverse range of public and private companies of all sizes, investment banks, private equity firms, SPACs and REITs; and
- Develop lasting connections with your Skadden colleagues as well as Skadden clients.
In addition, associates who join Skadden laterally participate in an enhanced mentor program, which specifically focuses on the unique needs experienced attorneys face during professional transitions.
These efforts, along with our professional development and other Skadden benefits, including a hybrid work model with work from home flexibility, underscores Skadden's long-standing commitment to investing in its people, culture and diversity. We also have an extensive pro bono program that allows attorneys to devote, and receive credit for, time for myriad causes that spark their interests and matches those interests with the legal needs in the community.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.