Skadden Los Angeles is seeking outstanding M&A lateral candidates with 2 to 7 years of experience working on public or private M&A transactions, joint ventures, and general corporate transactional matters. This unique opportunity allows you to become a core deal team member on some of the highest profile and significant M&A matters in Los Angeles and across the globe. In joining this exciting team, you will be able to work on sophisticated M&A work across entertainment, technology, fashion and apparel, beauty, gaming, retail and other dynamic industries.
Our Los Angeles office has the benefit of combining a “small office” feel – with partners and colleagues who know and care about you and your professional development – with the immense resources of one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. This ensures that you will have regular, direct contact with partners, mentors and clients, and allows you to work closely with team members across our 22 global offices to execute some of the most exciting and novel deals on the planet.
As part of the Los Angeles M&A team, you will join an elite group that is recognized as a market leader, which ensures a consistent deal flow of exciting transactions. Over the past year, for example, Los Angeles-based teams have led:
• Taylor Swift: Represented a private equity firm in acquiring the music catalog of her first six albums in one of the largest music catalog deals in history.
• Dole/Total Produce: Represented Total Produce in its combination with Dole, creating the world’s largest fruits and vegetables company.
• Western Union: Representing two private equity firms in their acquisition of Western Union’s business solutions divisions, one of the largest fintech transactions announced in 2021.
• Caesars Entertainment Corporation: Represented Caesars in its merger with Eldorado Resorts and its sale of Bally's Atlantic City Hotel & Casino.
• E. & J. Gallo Winery: Represented E. & J. Gallo in its $1 billion acquisition of a portfolio of wine and spirits brands and six winemaking facilities from Constellation Brands.
• Alamo Records: Represented the independent label in its recent sale to Sony Music.
• ABL Space Systems: Represented the emerging space launch company in connection with two substantial minority investments in the company.
• Scopely: Represented this fast-growing mobile game company in its acquisition of GSN Games from Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Recent Los Angeles associate-focused incentives include highly competitive salaries and a robust bonus program; an individually-tailored mentor and training program; multi-office attorney “pods”; flexible work-at-home policy for all attorneys; business development opportunities; and associate perks and events (including Skadden’s Staples Center box, excursions to theme parks and restaurants, firm-provided technology and fitness allowance). We also have an extensive local and national pro bono program that allows attorneys to focus on organizations and causes in which they have a personal interest. Pro bono, shadowing, DEI and business development hours all count as chargeable hours.
Want to know more? Come meet us and learn firsthand why you should join the Skadden team.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.