Skadden is looking for a part-time Accounts Payable Specialist in our Boston office. This person will coordinate Accounting operations and daily activities, and will handle assignments/projects as needed.
- Performs general office functions such as data entry and filing.
- Processes all requests for accounting services (e.g., emergency check requests, vendor invoices, expense reports and currency exchange).
- Sorts and codes check requests and vendor invoices.
- Creates, reviews and approves check requests with accompanying vendor invoices.
- Generates and distributes departmental/interoffice reports.
- Researches and resolves vendors open item statements.
- Flags incorrect check request coding charges for department review.
- Voids inaccurate checks and reissues new checks when applicable.
- Receives and responds to vendor and staff inquiries.
- Opens, sorts, and routes incoming mail.
- Conducts accounts payable overview for newly hired secretaries/floaters.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting concepts.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, logic, and attention to detail skills as well as the ability to understand, communicate and carry out instructions.
- Ability to use discretion, exercise good judgment and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree preferred; with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting a plus.
- Minimum of four years related experience with accounting related functions; preferably in a legal environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.