Coordinates all aspects of summer associate program, law school, entry-level, and lateral recruiting. Responsible for new attorney orientation and attorney training, development and diversity & inclusion initiatives for the Boston office.
- Coordinates fall on-campus recruiting program (e.g., on-campus interviewing schedules and registration, provides materials to interviewers, monitors unsolicited resumes, conducts due diligence and oversees offer process).
- Coordinates all aspects of summer associate program including orientation, training, and evaluation process preparing program manual, assignments and database; monitoring mentor/department liaison program; managing events.
- Facilitates all aspects of lateral associate recruiting.
- Monitors information in Lawcruit for purposes of applicant tracking and coordinates applications with other Skadden offices.
- Supports partners in preparing for all hiring meetings and related recruitment initiatives (e.g., schedules meetings, develops meeting agendas, prepares evaluation files).
- Compiles recruitment statistics for Firm internal use and prepares statistical information for outside dissemination (NALP form, end of season results to law schools).
- Organizes recruiting and informational brochures and memoranda for internal distribution.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring budget for summer associate program, on-campus recruiting, diversity and inclusion initiatives, mentor program and attorney retention initiatives.
- Works with the Review Partners to coordinate the attorney evaluation process including the interim and annual evaluation processes.
- Works with Attorney Development Partners on Firmwide and office specific development initiatives (e.g., practice group specific orientations, morale boosting events, Associate Committee items).
- Works with associates on Associate Committee to facilitate ideas and input from meetings.
- Monitors and maintains Associate Committee members and list of those interested in joining committee.
- Responsible for implementing attorney training programs including midlevel and senior associate trainings, junior associate training and the ACE program for new (incoming) associates. Includes coordination with Global Attorney Training Department (NYO) to set annual training schedule.
- Coordinate and facilitate trainings hosted by outside consultants as well as by internal partners/counsel/senior associates (e.g., scheduling, CLE tracking, monitoring feedback from attendees).
- Tracks entry-level (prior summer associate, third-year, and Master of Laws) hiring efforts including offer status, interview scheduling, and follow-up.
- Assists partners with all aspects of Attorney diversity & inclusion initiatives.
- Updates department development manual and materials as needed.
- Provides exit memos to departing attorneys and facilitates their exit interviews.
- Maintains Lawson database for Boston attorney population including bar admissions.
- Assists NYO in tracking Boston attorneys who need work authorization, visas.
- Responsible for monitoring work performed by the Attorney Recruiting/HR Assistant and delegating items above as appropriate.
- Coordinates law school outreach (marketing).
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: sitting, repetitive use of both hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
Manages Firm resources responsibly.
Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
Knowledge of or ability to learn the Firm's budget process.
Ability to effectively prioritize department work requirements and delegate effectively.
Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Demonstrates close attention to detail
Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
Ability to organize and prioritize work
Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
Flexibility to travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of three years of progressively responsible administrative experience, one of which was in a law firm or similar setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates ("Skadden" or the "Firm") is committed to the goal of equal employment opportunity and a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. As such, the Firm adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking. The Firm will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons in accordance with this policy. Similarly, all other personnel matters will continue to be administered without regard to any of the legally impermissible factors described above.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.