Skadden is looking for a part-time Human Resources Assistant for the Boston office who will provide administrative support to the Human Resources (HR) Department. This includes assisting with daily activities, recruiting processes for professional staff positions, local professional staff policy changes, personnel file maintenance, and professional staff performance evaluations. This position will use human resources information systems (HRIS) to perform various candidate and employee actions, including personnel data entry, applicant tracking, new hires, and departures.
- Performs data entry in HRIS and applicant tracking systems; runs, compiles, and distributes reports to management.
- Assists with the coordination of special projects and events for professional staff at all levels.
- Assists with the recruiting process for professional staff positions; assists with creating and maintaining job postings, schedules interviews, conducts phone screens, tracks applicants, assists with candidate follow-up, and greets and escorts candidates.
- Performs background checks, conflicts screening and reference checks for applicants.
- Ensures accurate completion of new hire, temporary hire, termination and change of status paperwork in HRIS (Workday).
- Assists with recruiting, on-campus interview, and registration process. Assists with applicant tracking, data entry in LawCruit (LC), and compiles information for interviewer.
- Monitors unsolicited job applications and enters data into LC.
- Assists new hire and benefits on-boarding orientation for professional staff and prepares appropriate new hire paperwork and schedules.
- Tracks three month introductory reports and annual evaluation periods for new employees.
- Assists department with tracking the administration of various leave programs (e.g., FMLA, PFML, disability leave).
- Assists with employee departure process and logistics, including preparation/maintenance of departure paperwork.
- Assists with logistics for in-house training programs.
- Assists with updating office Firm policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Recommends and assists with implementing changes and improvements in methods and procedures within the human resources function and specific to the Boston office.
- Assists with resolution of inquiries involving Firm policies, procedures, benefits, payroll, wellness resources, and other HR-related topics.
- Assists with administration of the commuter benefits program for the Boston office.
- Assists with maintenance and administration of employee discount programs for the Boston office.
- Assists with coordinating cards, flowers, and gifts for professional staff life events and service reward programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with attorneys and staff.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of human resources and/or recruiting field and procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one year human resources experience, or two years administrative experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.