Skadden is looking for a full-time Legal Practice Assistant to join our June 2019 Legal Practice Assistant class in the Boston office. This person will provide diversified case/deal support. The Legal Practice Assistant is the entry-level position within the Department and involves significant contact with attorneys, members of the Department and other professional staff.
- Organizes and manages electronic and paper files.
- Ensures that all files are maintained with Department-approved protocols and case management systems.
- Maintains the integrity of client files.
- Assists with the preparation and court filing of pleadings and other court papers, as needed.
- Assists with retrieval of rules, regulations and company profiles, as needed.
- Assists with document productions, transactions and/or closings.
- Assists with preparation for interviews, depositions, hearings, trials and/or client meetings.
- Performs non-legal research using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR and other media and financial services sites and/or other court-related websites for case law, statutes, articles, books, etc.
- Assists legal assistants and attorneys across practice areas.
- Updates attorney and case/deal team binders.
- Page-checks documents.
- Manages Firm resources in accord with Firm standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to assume progressive responsibilities within assigned work as experience is gained in the position.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to assume responsibility for multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Commitment to work overtime, including nights and weekends.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.