Skadden is looking for a full-time Office Services Assistant in our Boston office. This person will be responsible for mail, distribution, copying, printing, minor office maintenance, hospitality services for Firm functions and any other miscellaneous requests and flex services provided under the Office Services umbrella. This position:
- Assists in the pick-up and delivery of all mail/parcels.
- Responsible for all copy, print and scan projects that are assigned to the Copy Center.
- Monitors office supply inventory.
- Assist with sorting, distribution and metering US mail.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Working knowledge of following imaging/data processing applications is preferred but not required: FreeFlow, Legal Print, Summation, Concordance, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Professional
- Knowledge of hardware in Copy Center (Multifunctional Printers, Scanners and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of electronic data recovery and electronic stored information processes
- Knowledge of current postal rates
- Knowledge of capturing images and data to specific formats
- Knowledge of setup and conversion for print projects
- Ability to create final delivery of media products
- Knowledge of conversion of image formats (PDF, TIFF & JPEG)
- Moderate physical effort
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years office services experience
- Experience working with legal professionals or in a law firm is preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.