Skadden is seeking a full-time Partner/Counsel Secretary to join our Boston office. Partner/Counsel Secretaries perform administrative and secretarial tasks for assigned partner(s), other attorney(s), and team.
- Handles standard administrative functions, including answering, screening and placing phone calls; opening and routing mail as directed; maintaining files, records, attorney calendars and time records; preparing attorney expense reports; coordinating attorney travel arrangements.
- Prepares papers and correspondence of a legal and non-legal nature; written and electronic.
- Works in tandem with Client Accounting to ensure up-to-date and accurate client billing.
- Prepares new matter reports and updates client/matter codes.
- Assists with attorney personal work when required.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of legal terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively, dispassionately and diplomatically
- Very strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to sit at work station for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.