Skadden is looking for a part-time Receptionist/Conference Services Assistant in our Boston office. This person will assist all Firm personnel and clients, and will be responsible for booking conference rooms, visiting attorney offices and reservations, greeting clients and answering calls made to the office's main switch board.
- Answers department phones and handles client/customer requests.
- Assigns conference rooms and visiting attorney offices as requested.
- Makes arrangements with dining services, office services and other departments to ensure that all requests for space, food, special equipment and other facilities requested are provided seamlessly.
- Assists with coordinating and monitoring on-site and off-site events.
- Performs basic office support services as needed by clients in Conference Center (light printing requests, table tents, etc.).
- Assists office services with basic conference room set ups as needed (i.e., configuration of chairs, etc.).
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, attorneys and staff and other internal customers.
- Helps build relationships with, and maintains database for, service providers (hotels, event venues, restaurants, florists, etc.).
- Notifies firm personnel of client/visitor arrival.
- Assists office services to ensure conference room and visiting attorney offices are clean and adequately supplied (pads, pens, pencils, directories, etc.) including daily inspection of all internal and external work rooms and similar areas.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain high level of customer service.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive matters.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to learn and operate basic A/V equipment.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs.
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum of two years related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.