Skadden is looking for a full-time Research & Knowledge Coordinator in our Boston office. This person coordinates all research and knowledge management aspects for the Research and Knowledge Services (R&KS) department. Ensures continuity of Research & Knowledge Services operations in conjunction with the R&KS Project Manager. Participates in providing firm-wide research and knowledge services in conjunction with the R&KS staff from all other offices. Works with Knowledge Strategy Counsel to develop and maintain selected practice area databases and websites. Helps plan and implement department outreach, training and orientation programs for the Boston Office. Evaluates and recommends new information resources.
- Ensures that Boston Office legal and corporate research is done in an expeditious and accurate manner, either by handling the work directly or coordinating with department staff outside of Boston.
- Partners with department Research & Knowledge Project Manager on Boston Office day-to-day operations and firm-wide research and knowledge management initiatives, incorporating new technology with online and print sources.
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Management team and with selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, and update content for practice area websites and databases.
- Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of knowledge management initiatives and to solicit their participation.
- Uses department workflow software to coordinate, distribute and record research and knowledge management requests.
- Designs, implements and schedules department outreach, orientation and training programs for attorneys and support staff, including LexisNexis, Westlaw and other outside vendor trainings for the Boston Office.
- Serves as liaison to Practice Departments for ongoing business development and associate training requirements.
- Disseminates knowledge resources via intranet and databases, provides attorneys access, and encourages effective use.
- Monitors email on mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with staff in other offices to complete pending requests.
- Evaluates new and updated versions of information resources, both online and print, and recommends beneficial information sources for the Firm.
- Develops a network of resources outside the Firm.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Expertise in using computer-based research tools: Westlaw, LexisNexis, Deal Point Data, Capital IQ, Bloomberg Law, CCH IntelliConnect/Cheetah, Practical Law, HeinOnline, and more
- Thorough working knowledge of online and print legal and corporate information sources
- Thorough competency with relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Strong understanding of knowledge management principles, technology and best practices
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrates a courteous and professional demeanor and prioritizes a highly positive, customer-service approach.
- Proven ability in using Graphical web page editors or have working knowledge of HTML coding
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum of eight years of experience conducting research in a legal setting, preferably in a law firm environment
- Experience or educational background in Knowledge Management and the application of information technology to knowledge sharing
- Experience developing and implementing legal research training or instructional programs
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.