Provides administrative support to Attorney Recruiting and Development functions; specifically assists with daily activities, local attorney policy changes and performance evaluations. Researches and implements training programs and orientation for Boston office. Assists in the coordination of the recruiting process for attorneys. Assists with all aspects of summer associate program and provides day to day coverage for the department in supervisor's absence.
- Recruiting, Hiring, and On-boarding
- Responsible for daily administrative functions related to summer associate recruiting program, including on-campus interviews and call-back interviews (e.g., on-campus schedules and registration using Simplicity, preparing interview packets, applicant tracking and interview scheduling in Lawcruit, coordination of applications with other Skadden offices, monitors unsolicited resumes).
- Assists with all aspects of lateral recruiting, includingapplicant tracking, database entries, coordination of schedules, greeting candidates, monitors unsolicited resumes.
- Schedules Hiring Committee Meetings, prepares candidate packets.
- Maintains applicant files and correspondence.
- Supports Senior Attorney Recruiting & Development Coordinator with additional recruiting projects.
- Responsible for tracking onboarding materials and pre-orientation paperwork for new hires (summer associates, incoming associates and lateral hires).
Summer Associate Program:
- Assists with implementation of summer associate program, including:
- Summer Associate Skadline tracking (monitors completion of forms; sends student reminders; maintains files and records).
- Maintaining records on past program events, including contracts, attendance and other event details.
- Responsible for researching event ideas and venues; also maintains restaurant guide.
- Tracks summer program expenditures.
- Responsible for updating orientation materials and summer program communications on an annual basis
- Training: junior associates, summer associates, mid-level & senior associates
- Assists with implementing attorney training programs including mid-level and senior associate trainings, junior associate trainings, and the ACE program for incoming associates. Responsible for booking rooms, monitoring attendance, and sending out reminders.
- Attends monthly videoconference meetings with Global Attorney Training Department (NYO), is responsible for taking notes and assisting Senior Attorney Recruiting Coordinator with training schedules and goals.
- Responsible for department check requests and billing.
- Maintains department calendar.
- Books all conference rooms for meetings, trainings, interviews.
- Stays up to date on industry related publications.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of in-office events, including:
- Tracking RSVPs and updating security lists.
- Designing and preparing nametags.
- Collaborating with kitchen and support services teams regarding menu, theme, room set-up, and other event details.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.