Skadden is looking for a Technology Support Supervisor in our Boston office. This person will be responsible for management of computer hardware/desktop configurations and troubleshooting, implementation of firm-wide projects for the local office, general technology support, and maintaining a high level of customer service for all Boston personnel relative to technical needs. Primary focus on areas including but not limited to; audio visual, infrastructure, mobile device/loaner equipment, and offsite implementation and support. Consults with all Boston office personnel on technology, and acts as key source for problem resolution.
• Provides a consistent and high level of customer service .
• Oversees customer service to ensure that IT-related issues are resolved.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, attorneys and clients.
• Assembles, installs, configure tests, images troubleshoots and repairs hardware and peripherals, including but not exclusive to computers, printers, scanners and fax machines.
• Provides support troubleshooting and repair for Windows and Mac laptops and desktops.
• Troubleshoots desktop applications and PC hardware.
• Tests new software and hardware prior to deployment.
• Handles locally the firm's audio visual set up's, physical and software installation, activation and troubleshooting.
• Maintains and documents data closets and troubleshoots networking issues in conjunction with direct Technology Manager.
• Assists with planning and implementation of real estate moves or upgrades.
• Implements network security at the local level and oversees the administration and maintenance of the network infrastructure and local WAN connection.
• Installs, configures and troubleshoots phones and phone systems.
• Implements and manages upgrades and changes to the telephone system at the local office level, including routing for seating assignments.
• Responds to Firmwide/ Local telephone helpline (provides information, assesses problems and offers assistance).
• Responds to assigned tickets for local support and deskside assistance and oversees all help desk activities.
• Assists Technology Support Analysts with escalated issues.
• Logs all calls in the firm's call logging systems and escalates as appropriate.
• Performs root cause analysis, escalates findings as well as identifies and escalates network/application problems to the appropriate engineering group.
• Administers and maintains the tracking software.
• Assists with onsite surveys for network installations.
• Provides application support for both local installations and Citrix based applications.
• Oversees troubleshooting and disaster recovery for internal systems, working with project teams to help implement internal systems.
• Directs the implementation of business continuity policies and procedures at the local level.
• Provides mobile device support, set up, configuration, support and end user training.
• Services, documents and provides loaner equipment within firm policies.
• Assists with administrative responsibilities for internal applications.
• Responsible for the assessment of local needs for hardware and software product purchases and purchases for all software, hardware and other IT supplies.
• Coordinates and oversees department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans.
• Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
• Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
• Ensures compliance with firm policies and procedures in relation to computer technology.
• Works under the supervision of the Regional Technology Manager and local Office Administrator.
• Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for staff.
• Monitors time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with firm policies.
• Recommends and participates in disciplinary procedures.
• Effectively utilizes the Firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
• Initiates disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
• Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to effectively facilitate effective work relationship with others.
• Manages Firm resources responsibly.
• Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
• Assesses employee computer training needs and develops training based on those needs.
• Coordinates and provides technical training.
• Participates in ongoing training and development to ensure current knowledge of Firm policies and practices, and industry trends.
• Maintains accurate inventory records.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with local vendors in line with global requirements.
• Negotiates contracts with local vendors in liaison with the Regional Technology Manager for all local contracts.
• Works with other departments for all areas requiring coordination with the technology department.
• Consults with department heads on new technical projects and identification of technical needs.
• Recommends and implements changes and improvements in methods and procedures to higher level management.
• Participates in recruitment and selection process in coordination with Human Resources.
• Provides supervision and guidance to Technical Support Analysts.
• Consults with the Office Administrator and Human Resources regarding employment issues and policy and procedural changes. Participates in coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions, when necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
• Broad and thorough knowledge of computer hardware and diagnostic techniques
• Assists with administrative responsibilities for internal applications
• Direct experience in providing technology training
• Demonstrated experience in providing high level customer support
• High level of professionalism
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrates close attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
• Ability to effectively supervise others
• Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
• Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
• Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
• Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
• Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgement
• Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
• Flexibility to travel
• Four to seven years of experience working in technology support with increased responsibilities; minimum of three years' experience in managing technology support staff
• Prior experience in corporate law firm or professional services firm a plus
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.