Oversees and provides coordination of accounts payable department including, but not limited to: accounting operations, staff supervision, vendor relations, problem solving assistance, participation in department and office projects; and effective examination and utilization of department policies, procedures and resources.
- Reviews and approves completed expense reports and vendor invoices processed by the Accounting department in the Firm's accounting program and notes discrepancies for Office Administrator's review.
- Oversees and monitors A/P systems, policies, and procedures, including, but not limited to: verification and authorization of completed check and expense requests coding, invoice accuracy, legitimacy of goods and services received, and resolution of any guideline issues that arise.
- Analyzes trends, policy infractions, deviations from standards (e.g., overtime utilization, travel and meal expenses, car services) and other comparable data and provides recommendations and creative solutions to Office Administrator and Client Accounting Manager.
- Manages and processes escrow transactions.
- Conducts preliminary audit and review of the operating checking account and the petty cash box reconciliation.
- Partners with Office Administrator, NY Budget Analyst and support department heads with annual office budget process. Prepares reports, monitors variances, coordinates disbursement reconciliations and provides advice to management as needed.
- Provides ongoing training assistance for department heads with budget preparation and/or accounting issues, oversees training for attorneys and staff on relevant accounting procedures.
- Prepares analysis and related reports for Office Administrator, Office Leader, and/or support departments, as needed.
- Provides daily oversight of staff by clearly defining performance expectations, monitoring and evaluating performance, coaching staff, delegating work assignments, and effectively resolving work-related conflicts.
- Monitors staff time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure appropriateness and compliance with Firm policies.
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for staff.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection and training process.
- Coordinates and oversees department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans.
- Monitors time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with firm policies.
- Effectively utilizes the Firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Initiates disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
- Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
- Recommends and implements changes and improvements in methods and procedures to higher level management.
- Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting operations, concepts, trends, techniques, policies and procedures; and the ability to execute the same
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge and implementation of the annual budget process
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that facilitate courteous and positive work relationships with others
- Ability to effectively supervise others
- Ability to employ coaching/counseling techniques and develop staff through training and goal setting
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years' related experience
- Minimum of three years' supervisory experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.