Provides support to the Attorney Development and Recruiting Department in a variety of areas including recruitment, onboarding, training and development for attorneys and summer associates, event planning and attendance, database management and special projects.
- Assists with all aspects of the on-campus (OCI) and lateral interview process: maintains the applicant tracking database (LawCruit); plans and organizes the fall OCI calendar and on-campus events; schedules callback interviews; prepares and distributes interview schedules; gathers interview evaluations; and prepares handouts for Hiring Committee meetings.
- Assists with all aspects of the summer associate program: helps plan and execute social and training events; on-boards summer associates; and facilitates the work distribution and evaluation processes.
- Prepares materials for CLE Trainings.
- Assists with event planning and coordination.
- Assists with management of vendor/event contracts: makes revisions per firm policies and preferences; negotiates rates; and coordinates approval between the firm's General Counsel and vendors.
- Assists with budget preparation, tracking, and statistical reporting.
- Acts as a point of contact for attorneys, summer associates and applicants.
- Assists with aspects of professional development, women's initiatives, diversity and the mentor program as needed.
- Answers phones, prepares check requests, processes department expenses, maintains spreadsheets, copies, files, scans, and completes special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance with department overflow and coverage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software (e.g., LawCruit, CE Manager, Symplicity) and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Self-starter with a strong initiative and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel
- Ability to attend evening events, sometimes with short notice and with increased frequency during peak periods of the recruiting cycle
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.