Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking an Attorney Development Coordinator (mid-level) to join our Firm. This position will be based in our Chicago office and has a hybrid in-office/remote working schedule. This position coordinates all attorney employment activities including processes for hire, termination and disability and maintains Workday data. Maintains personnel, evaluation and attendance files. Coordinates all relevant verifications, clearances, registrations, reports, reimbursements and notifications for attorneys.
- Coordinates new hire process for all attorneys including Workday entry, personnel files and orientation.
- Coordinates new attorney conflicts clearance process.
- Processes Bar Exam and moving expense reimbursements.
- Coordinates attorney departure process including termination packets, Workday entry and announcements.
- Maintains attorney information in Workday.
- Coordinates aspects of the student and lateral hiring and Summer Associate Program.
- Coordinates attorney evaluation process and maintains attorney evaluation files.
- Coordinates attorney bar admissions and continuing legal education compliance.
- Liaisons with New York office for attorney vacation information requests.
- Orders miscellaneous flowers and gifts for clients and attorneys.
- Notifies appropriate personnel regarding attorney disability leaves and coordinates time records.
- Completes attorney employment verification forms and Bar Admission Affidavits.
- Runs monthly Bar Status Report and forwards to New York office.
- Sends monthly time ticket e-mail reminders.
- Notifies attorneys of sabbatical leave eligibility.
- Supports annual attorney ARDC registration renewals.
- Provides general support and back up for IL CLE compliance and training programs.
- Responds to various departmental questions or requests.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned such as supporting Attorney Recruiting and Summer Program initiatives as needed.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software (e.g., Workday) and operating systems
- Knowledge of business and legal forms and formats
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years' experience with one year related experience or a minimum of five years’ experience in a professional services environment
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.