The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will develop, implement and measure the impact of initiatives aligned with the attorney talent pipeline, workplace inclusion and business support verticals of our D&I strategy. The role requires a highly motivated self-starter who possesses commercial acumen and thrives in a dynamic, team-focused, results-oriented environment. The Manager will be an integral part of the senior team, reporting to the Director of the Diversity & Inclusion Department, and will work alongside attorneys at all levels, as well as colleagues on our Talent Development, Talent Acquisition/Hiring, Marketing & Communications and Human Resources teams across the firm's global platform.
- Provides thought leadership and executes on the full range of our D&I initiatives relating to associate development and attorney training, internal community and connectivity and client development, including on office or practice-led projects; and ensures follow-up on derivative projects.
- Converts extensive knowledge of existing and developing D&I trends and innovations in legal and business sectors into workable ideas that enhance the firm's approach and progress.
- Liaises with regional Diversity & Inclusion Committees and attorney affinity network leaders on programming linked to their annual plans, promoting consistency across the platform while also ensuring that office-specific needs and goals are supported.
- Periodically delivers internal training and presentations on D&I-related topics.
- Builds relationships of trust with, and confidence of, partners, counsel and associates and provides 1:1 support.
- Sustains relationships with key external diversity organizations and coordinates the firm's participation in value-added industry programs and conferences.
- Engages in strategic (i.e., long-range) planning by developing departmental goals and supporting objectives for assigned areas, which includes acquiring and sustaining proficiency with annual budget planning process.
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for department staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for department staff.
- Effectively utilizes the firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages firm resources responsibly. Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
- Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the relevant firm computer software programs, particularly Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrated experience with and enthusiasm for leading, inspiring and supervising others
- Ability to handle complex issues/duties requiring independent exercise of discretion and judgment
- Demonstrated excellent, effective oral and written communication skills, professional maturity, and sound judgment to sustain credibility and trust
- Strong project management skills, including to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to administer firm policies and procedures
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure at all times, including while meeting deliverables that may present on short notice
- Ability to consistently perform well and deliver quality work product in in a demanding culture of excellence
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conceptualize, deliver and sustain multi-faceted projects and tasks
- Desire and ability to work in an intellectually stimulating and team-oriented culture
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, ability to be a quick study in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years of related experience in a diversity and inclusion or talent development role in a professional services, corporate or academic institution environment, and current in knowledge about diversity and inclusion best practices
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.