The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for pitch and other content development, internal marketing/communications initiatives, media relations and firm recognition submissions, market/competitor research, and events coordination. The coordinator supports the Chicago Marketing and Communications team on these and other projects as needed.
- Assists with preparation of new business proposals, RFPs and presentations, including the preparing of experience lists and sourcing attorney experience, formatting drafts of materials, proofreading, and the production and distribution of materials.
- Researches, maintains and tracks practice, attorney and deal information needed to respond to various directories and surveys ( (i.e., Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Legal 500, Best Lawyers); prepares and formats draft submissions for partner review; assists in scheduling interviews with researcher.
- Coordinates client-facing educational and social events (seminars, webcasts and conferences, receptions, dinners, etc.); plans, executes and monitors all event logistics (venue, services, invitations, printed materials, etc.) and attends events as needed. Prepares internal event-related communications and maintains various tracking databases associated with event production.
- Assists with monitoring and compiling media sweeps on various topics and companies.
- Liaises with other internal support departments (Client Accounting, Business Development, Human Resources, Attorney Recruiting and Development, Research & Knowledge Services and Technology) to obtain client relationship data for new business proposals and presentations and firm data for responses to surveys and ranking lists, as needed.
- Liaises with Global Marketing & Communications Department regarding maintenance of attorney biographies, practice area descriptions, attorney photographs, client mailing lists and website updates.
- Utilizes Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Intrado, Foundation and other software tools to develop collateral materials and marketing presentations; liaise with Design team on sponsorship advertisements.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, coordinating the tracking and reporting on marketing, business development and public relations activities; and coordinating periodic attorney photo shoots.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: sitting, repetitive use of both hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry trends and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within in a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting responsibilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years directly related experience in a professional services environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.