HOURS: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Answers incoming calls; ascertains caller needs and routes to appropriate destination.
- Greets and directs clients and visitors to meeting locations.
- Retrieves and distributes messages to appropriate individuals.
- Provides directory, dialing and voicemail assistance to callers.
- Pages Firm staff and attorneys using paging system.
- Tracks location information of attorneys, legal assistants and support staff.
- Assists Conference Services with the booking and assignment of conference rooms.
- Provides back-up assistance to the Conference Services Department, greeting all recruiting candidates and providing detailed instructions regarding completion of pre-employment applications.
- Assists internal and external clients with taxi/car reservations and travel arrangements; documents bookings in DMS.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of general clerical and administrative duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems (e.g., ESP2000 booking software)
- Demonstrates pleasant customer service orientation that projects competence and inspires confidence
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to operate Firm office equipment (i.e. multi-line switchboard, scanners and copiers)
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to sit at work station for extended periods of time
- Ability to crouch, crawl, kneel, climb, balance, and lift equipment weighing up to forty pounds
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year related experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.