Responsible for coordinating the marketing and communications efforts for the Chicago and Houston Offices, with an emphasis on pitch and other content development, internal marketing/communications initiatives, media relations and firm recognition submissions, market/competitor research, and client event development and coordination. The senior coordinator supports the Chicago Marketing and Communications team on these and other projects as needed.
- Drafts and produces new business proposals, RFPs and presentations, including the preparing of experience lists and sourcing attorney experience, formatting drafts of materials, proofreading, and the distribution of materials.
- Drafts assigned directory submissions (i.e., Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Legal 500, Best Lawyers) and other surveys, awards, recognitions and rankings for the Chicago and Houston offices and various partners.
- Provides targeted client and competitor research and analysis as needed.
- Liaises with other internal support departments (such as Client Accounting, Business Development and Technology) to obtain client relationship data for new business proposals and presentations and firm data for responses to surveys and ranking lists, as needed.
- Coordinates client-facing educational and social events (seminars, webcasts and conferences, receptions, dinners, etc.); plans, executes and monitors all event logistics (venue, services, invitations, printed materials, etc.) and attends events when appropriate.
- Assists with cleanup of regional contact lists in InterAction (CRM) for the purposes of Firm mailings and event invitations.
- Monitors and compiles media sweeps on various topics and companies, as assigned.
- Communicates with partners, counsel and senior associates regarding deals and significant rulings; monitors activity and promotes successes via appropriate internal and external channels.
- Utilizes Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Intrado, Foundation and other software tools to develop collateral materials and marketing presentations; liaise with Design team on sponsorship advertisements.
- Handles updates to office-specific practice descriptions and attorney biographies for the Firm's website, intranet and other marketing materials.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, coordinating the tracking and reporting on marketing, business development and public relations activities; and coordinating periodic attorney photo shoots.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems (e.g., InDesign)
- Knowledge of current industry trends and techniques
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive use of both hands
- Ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds
- Ability to exert moderate to high physical effort
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years' experience in a law firm or professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.