Skadden is looking for a Legal Assistant to provide legal support services to partners, counsels and attorneys on corporate client matter files, with a focus in Hong Kong matters including listings, corporate finance transactions, compliance and mergers & acquisitions. Additionally, this position will:
- Provide assistance and support in Hong Kong matters including listings, corporate finance transactions, compliance and mergers & acquisitions.
- Assist with various tasks for Hong Kong IPO transactions including: due diligence, verification of the prospectus, preparation of correspondence, transaction and closing documents, completing checklists, margin notes marking, coordinating with working parties, data room managing, attending meetings, coordinating and participating in site visits.
- Provide closing assistance including: coordinate on closing logistics; prepare closing memorandum; prepare closing documents; order certified charters, good standing certificates, tax status certificates and bring-down telegrams; organize closing documents; prepare closing document files, distribution packages and bound volumes; arrange for appropriate conference room facilities and services for pre-closing and closing; arrange for filings, stock and wire transfers; assist with execution, dating and conforming of documents.
- Prepare and maintain transaction files.
- Proofread and redline documents.
- Conduct researches and prepare corporate profiles.
- Organize conference calls and meetings.
- Coordinate work at the financial printer office.
- Handle ad hoc tasks for the department.
- If required: assist with preparation of various deal documents for U.S. matters including: Disclosure schedules; Exhibits; Tender offer materials; SEC filings; Officers' and Directors' questionnaires; Underwriters' questionnaires; Financing statements; Cusip number applications; Listing applications; Employment agreements; Proxy statements; Registration statements; Purchase agreements; Merger agreements.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manage Firm resources responsibly.
- Comply with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Related experience in a law or professional services firm desirable
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Excellent PC skills, WP in both English and Chinese
- Excellent multitasking abilities to work under pressure and tight schedules
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor of Laws degree
- Proficiency in English and Chinese (written), English and Mandarin (spoken) essential
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.