This position provides cutting edge business development, communications, thought leadership and general marketing support to the European contentious practice groups, namely International Arbitration, Litigation, and Government Enforcement and Investigations (the "practices"). The role will also be on point for several relevant cross-practice initiatives, including Antitrust Litigation, Tax Controversy and Sanctions Enforcement (the "initiatives").
- Works closely with the leaders, partners and senior lawyers of the relevant practices in London, Frankfurt, Brussels, Moscow and Paris, and the European Marketing team lead, to develop dynamic and effective business development and marketing initiatives targeting existing clients and new business.
- Proactively works with partners, counsel and on own initiative to get in front of issues and market developments which could lead to contentious opportunities for the practices and initiatives in the key jurisdictions relevant for the European offices. A strong relationship with peers in the US and Asia will be vital.
- Identifies and scopes potential new market intelligence and data sources to assist in business development (working alongside the firm's Research team).
- Works closely with the practices, and the European Communications Manager, to develop engaging and market-leading thought leadership output for direct marketing, and social media engagement.
- Develops a strong understanding of the relevant practices in order to draft and prepares marketing materials including pitches and presentations, creating - where necessary - tailored text to convey Skadden's capabilities to various stakeholders including potential clients.
- Collects and builds up a comprehensive knowledge bank of the Firm's European case information business, using and ensuring the Firm's global matter database (Foundation) are up-to-date.
- Challenges existing templates and content to assist in improving the content of marketing materials.
- Works with the European Marketing Assistant to ensure frequently used documents (awards, quotes and accolades; practice area descriptions; lawyer biographies) are maintained in real time.
- Executes relevant research requests from partners and senior lawyers in European offices (using Firm's suite of intelligence tools and Research team).
- On point for target directory and awards submissions for the relevant practices, working with the European Marketing & Communications Specialist on best practice approach.
- Works with the partners, and knowledge team, across the practices to identify hot topics for seminars / webinars and with the Events Lead to deliver these events and related content-led output.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities, including sensitive matters.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to travel, and adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of six years' marketing and communications experience in a law firm or other professional services environment, specifically working with in the relevant practices.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.