Skadden is seeking an Attorney Development & Recruiting Assistant to join our Attorney Development team in the Los Angeles office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, this position will play an integral role in helping the Firm provide high-quality service and support.
The Attorney Development & Recruiting Assistant provides support to the Attorney Development department in a variety of areas, including recruitment, onboarding, training and development for attorneys and summer associates, event planning and attendance, database management and special projects. This role reports to the Attorney Development & Recruiting Administrator.
- Assists with all aspects of the on-campus interview (OCI) and lateral interview process: maintains the applicant tracking database (LawCruit); plans and organizes the fall OCI calendar and on-campus events; schedules callback interviews; prepares and distributes interview schedules; gathers interview evaluations; and prepares handouts for Hiring Committee meetings.
- Assists with all aspects of the summer associate program: helps plan and execute social and training events; on-boards summer associates; and facilitates the work distribution and evaluation processes.
- Assists with coordination of attorney trainings.
- Maintains and updates the CE Manager database with new courses and CLE certificate entries and enters courses into the PCAM database. Prepares materials for CLE Trainings.
- Process local law school, diversity and pro bono related sponsorships as necessary.
- Assists with event planning and coordination.
- Assists with management of vendor/event contracts: makes revisions per firm policies and preferences; negotiates rates; and coordinates approval between the firm's General Counsel and vendors.
- Acts as a point of contact for attorneys, summer associates and applicants.
- Handle background check processing and work with the conflicts department for new hires.
- Assists with aspects of professional development, women's initiatives, diversity and the mentor program as needed.
- Answers phones, prepares check requests, processes department expenses, maintains spreadsheets, copies, files, scans, and completes special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance with department overflow and coverage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software (e.g., LawCruit, CE Manager, Symplicity) and operating systems
- Knowledge of Firm operations, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Self-starter with a strong initiative and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to attend evening events, sometimes with short notice and with increased frequency during peak periods of the recruiting cycle
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree required
- One year of experience in an administrative/clerical role in a law firm or other professional services firm
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.