Assists with the set-up and configuration of Firm hardware and peripherals, including computers, monitors, printers, scanners and fax machines. Troubleshoots hardware and peripheral problems, and performs repairs as necessary.
- Provides a consistent and high level of customer service.
- Assembles, installs, configures, tests, images, troubleshoots and repairs hardware and peripherals, including computers, printers, scanners and fax machines.
- Provides application support for both local installations and Citrix based applications.
- Provides support, troubleshooting and repair for windows and Mac laptops and desktops.
- Provides support and end user training to desk phones and voice mail.
- Provides mobile device support, set up configuration, support and end user training.
- Assists with the firm's audio visual set up requirements.
- Maintains and documents data closets and troubleshoots networking issues in conjunction with the Network Operations Center.
- Helps to maintain firm policies and procedures in relation to computer technology.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Ability to Administer Firm policies and procedures with regard to ordering and configuring hardware
- Thorough working knowledge of computer, printer and scanner hardware
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to exert moderate to high physical effort
- Ability to work well in demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous IT experience preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.