Skadden is seeking to add a Junior Technology Learning & Development Specialist to our Technology Learning & Development ("TL&D") team. The primary role of this position is to develop and deliver live training for attorneys and professional staff on Firm-supported applications. The Junior TL&D Specialist conducts trainings via live, instructor-led sessions within Skadden offices, and also leads remote sessions via video conference. This position works with the TL&D team to develop training resources, including: documentation, videos, and eLearning packages for the Firm’s learning management system (“LMS”). The Junior TL&D Specialist works with subject matter experts to better understand training content being developed and delivered. This position also works with the TL&D team to develop and continually update documentation, videos and LMS content.
- Provides a consistent and high level of customer service
- Prepares, organizes, conducts, and promotes oneSkadden training programs
- Delivers supported Firm software and hardware training
- Assists with the development of TL&D content, including: documentation, videos, and eLearning packages for the Firm’s LMS
- Collaborates with the Global TL&D Manager and Global TL&D Supervisor to ensure availability and timely access to Firm-provided programs, new training initiatives, handouts, class syllabi, etc.
- Assists with identifying training needs and communicates with the Global TL&D Manager and Global TL&D Supervisor to develop uniform global training offerings
- Provides weekly training reports
- Presents Technology Orientations to new arrivals, ensuring a professional "Day One" training experience
- Provides customized training in accordance to specific needs of individuals or groups
- Provides feedback to management and recommends further training, assessment and follow-ups accordingly
- Provides global training in accordance with the needs of the Firm
- Monitors "Work Strategies" SharePoint for TL&D content
- Monitors ITSM/ISM to identify TL&D opportunities
- Provides continuing education training as requested
- Demonstrates logic, reasoning skills, analysis, and interpretation to resolve problems
- Works with colleagues to maintain and improve the standardization of oneSkadden offerings
- Schedules core technology training classes via the Professional Development & Events calendar
- Tests and evaluates core and compliance-based training modules within Firm’s LMS
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others
- Manages Firm resources responsibly
- Maintains a regular and reliable physical presence in order to use on-site equipment and conduct in-person training consistent with the needs of the position
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to deliver live training
- Consistent demonstration of preparedness for presentations
- Understands technical aspects of Firm applications while delivering associated trainings
- Demonstrated proficiency in relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power PDF, etc.) with the ability to learn additional software and operating systems
- Thorough working knowledge of Firm systems, including: Citrix, eDOCS DM, mobile device technology and apps, Webex, Zoom, Cisco Jabber, DTE Axiom, Aderant Expert Time, Chrome River, Litera Change-Pro & Metadact, Power PDF, Snagit, Windows and macOS operating environments, Legal Technology systems and other relevant legal applications
- A broad knowledge of IT, telecommunications and network systems
- Able to adapt to different situations, and is capable of covering activities ranging from basic first-line support to assisting with global projects and communications to management
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Must be able to operate independently and understand when to escalate issues
- Ability to use discretion and exercise sound judgment
- Provides excellent customer service through effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of six months related experience in providing technology training, including Office applications
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.