- Coordinates all aspects of summer program, including:
- Plan and coordinate summer associate orientation.
- Co-develop Training Programs with Administrator (coordination, updates and feedback).
- Summer Associate orientation and integration.Co-conduct mid-summer and end of summer reviews with Administrator.
- Work Assignments (coordinate with summer associates, associates and partners).
- Work directly with work assignment coordinators to maintain equal distribution of assignments.
- Summer Associate Program – Events:
- Coordination of events.
- Site selections.
- Expense and budget coordination with Administrator (including updating and maintaining budget spreadsheet).
- Coordination of contracts with venue, Administrator, Office Administrator, Finance and Accounting.
- Coordination of COI’s for all events.
- Internal events – collaboration and coordination with Conference Services personnel.
- Attendance and coordination with venue representatives and attendees.
- Recruitment and OCI Interviews:
- Scheduling, coordination, travel accommodations, tracking and liaison with candidates and interviewers.
- Conduct exit interviews with candidates.
- Lateral and student inquiry coordination.
- Applicant tracking / LawCruit database management / File management.
- Prepares statistical information for internal and external use as needed.
- Campus Outreach – plan and attend panel discussions and general recruitment events.
- Prepare annual agenda for school outreach/coordination.
- Hiring and Summer Committee Meetingss:
- Coordinate and prepare materials and agenda for weekly review meetings.
- Attend and participate in meetings; discuss weekly progress reports for summer associates.Prepare annual agenda for school outreach/coordination.
- New Hire Integration:
- Prepare for new associate and lateral associate arrivals.
- Process pre-hire paperwork and reimbursements, including I-9 tracking.
- Coordinate travel and relocation.
- Coordinate and participate in orientation.
- Attorney Personnel Information:
- Responsible for maintaining attorneys’ personnel information stored electronically.
- Assist with maintenance of hard copy personnel files, payroll notices, leaves of absence, and other professional personnel forms.
- Development Programs:
- Coordinate and assist in planning attorney training both locally and Firmwide (ACE Program, Junior, Mid-level, Senior and Counsel training programs).
- Coordinate materials, secure conference rooms, A/V equipment, catering, events, track responses, etc.
- Attend programs and events and track feedback.
- Bar Admissions and CLE Tracking:
- Serve as the primary contact for California MCLE questions and provide guidance for attorneys throughout the firm with a California Bar membership.
- Provides coordination and support with CLE administration, including monitoring attorney bar admissions, association memberships, and continuing legal education compliance.
- Prepare and distribute monthly bar status report.
- Coordinate with Marketing for client CLE programs.
- Attorney Retention:
- Coordinate and prepare materials for associate evaluation and review process.
- Assist in planning of associate committee, mentor and diversity program events.
- Daily interaction with attorneys, secretaries and staff regarding attorney policies and procedures, expenses, billing time, etc.
- Monitor attorney compliance with Firm policies and procedures.
- Work with Firm HR and Benefits personnel on administrative matters related to attorney benefits, flexible schedules, leaves of absence, disability and other leave arrangements.
- Prepare departure packet and required notices for departing attorneys; conduct attorney exit interviews when necessary.
- Serve as a confidential resource to attorneys and provide guidance when appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organization, and planning skills
Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
Ability to organize and prioritize work
Ability to work well in demanding and fast-paced environment
Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
Initiative and leadership skills
Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating and business needs, including acting as a primary liaison at off-site events
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator experience, in a law firm or professional services firm.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.