Skadden, Arps is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join our Secretarial Services department. This position will be responsible for providing administrative support to Secretarial Services Management.
- Answers and responds to any issues or requests received from Secretarial Services or Reception personnel through the Department's main phone line.
- Assists in the preparation of communications to Firm departments involved with onboarding and location changes for attorneys. Updates the HRIS database with the information.
- Assists in the preparation of communications to New York Summer Associates, Fall Incoming Associates, and Lateral attorney hires throughout the year, informing them of their secretarial assignments and identifying their Secretarial Supervisors.
- Assists in the preparation of communications to Attorney Recruiting regarding secretarial assignments for New York Summer Associates, Fall Incoming Associates, and Lateral attorney hires.
- Coordinates access for Secretaries and Executive Assistants to various support tools, including the time entry system and the car service application.
- Maintains the Firm's absence tracking system for Secretarial Services and Reception.
- Ensures compliance with New York City Shift Change Law and the Firm's policies and procedures.
- Runs and formats weekly and monthly reconciliation reports to confirm information is consistent between applications.
- Updates and maintains reports documenting schedule changes, such as late arrivals, early departures, leaves of absence and disability leaves.
- Maintains the training calendar and training database for Secretarial Services and Reception.
- Maintains and coordinates updates to the Secretarial SharePoint site by regularly reviewing the site for accuracy and completeness.
- Handles processing and payment of vendor invoices for the Legal Assistant Services and Legal Technology Departments.
- Assists the New York Legal Assistant Project Manager with the coordination of temporary attorney onboarding across the Firm.
- Maintains the HRIS database for review purposes. This includes adding records for non-employees Firm-wide, e.g., outside consultants.
- Assists with Department initiatives and special projects.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, database input and Microsoft Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments, and shifting responsibilities and deadlines
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to read, interpret and follow directions
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and deals courteously with others
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and ability to provide upper-margin customer service
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Minimum of five years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree a plus
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.