Administrative Project Coordinator
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking an Administrative Project Coordinator join our Firm. Within this position, you will be a front-line specialist providing concierge-style, high-level assistance to attorneys, which includes handling administrative tasks, travel arrangements, document management, business development and other complex tasks and projects. This position will be based in our New York office and has a hybrid in-office/remote working schedule.
As the Administrative Project Coordinator you will:
- Perform assignments that are varied and complex in nature, often while under time critical deadlines
- Coordinate complex travel requests including, but not limited to, the procurement of visa-related materials and passport renewal applications
- Troubleshoot software and hardware being used by attorneys, in consultation with technology staff
- Assist with document management and records retention for administrative files
- Develop project strategies to ensure efficient completion of tasks
- Consult with the Firm's support departments and internal staff at all levels, verifying the accuracy of completed work
- Acquire and deploy an understanding of all practice areas of the Firm along with knowledge of practice-specific tasks
- Coordinate with other Firm offices, both domestic and international, as required
- Assist with department initiatives and special projects
- Assure that all completed projects adhere to accepted professional standards
- Assist with preparing materials for presentations and conferences
- Enter attorneys' time records and submit attorneys' expense reports
- Assist with attorneys' calendaring and scheduling requests
- Assist with attorneys' administrative requests
- Perform responsibilities of other support services when needed, including printing, scanning, duplicating, quality control, faxing and hand-delivering packages
- Organize and facilitate conference and video calls
- Answer, screen, place phone calls, and take detailed messages
- Monitor, assign, and complete job requests received through the Supplemental Work Assistance Team service
- Assist with the processing and payment of vendor invoices
- Open, read, and route mail, as directed
- Prepare engagement letters and new matter memos for new clients and matters
- Assist with new-business conflicts process
- Assist in promoting business development, entering contacts and business activities in InterAction, and coordinating with Marketing department, as required
- Coordinate with Conference Services for internal and client meeting requests, including but not limited to audio-visual, catering services, and external vendors
- Coordinate client-related business meals and maintain up-to-date knowledge of Firm- and attorney-preferred restaurants
- Receive and interact with incoming clients and visitors
- Ability to provide upper-margin customer service
- Ability to synthesize information so as to prioritize and organize tasks
- High proficiency with relevant Firm computer software programs such as Outlook, Excel (including, but not limited to, PivotTables, Filters, Conditional Formatting) and PowerPoint, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- High level of professionalism
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a wide range of tasks extending beyond routine expectations
- Initiative and confidence to assume a high level of responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive matters
- Ability to read, interpret, convey and follow instructions
- Excellent attention to detail; is neat and accurate
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively, within a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects, assignments and shifting responsibilities and deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel, as required
- Ability to work in office
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum one year of related experience in a law or professional services firm
- Must be a Notary Public licensed in New York State or able to obtain a commission within six months of joining the Firm
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $85,000 to $100,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community, and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity, and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the Firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the Firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skadden EEO and Affirmative Action Policy
Applicants Have Rights Under Federal Employment Law
In accordance with the Transparency in Coverage Rule, click here to review machine-readable files made available by UnitedHealthcare.