Skadden is looking for an Administrative Project Coordinator. This position will be responsible for providing concierge-style, high-level assistance to attorneys, which includes handling administrative tasks, travel arrangements, document management, business development and other complex tasks and projects, while collaborating with other Firm departments and team members to ensure superior client service. Additionally, this position:
- Performs assignments that are varied and complex in nature, often while under time critical deadlines.
- Coordinates complex travel requests including, but not limited to, the procurement of visa-related materials and passport renewal applications.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware being used by attorneys, in consultation with technology staff.
- Assists with document management and records retention for administrative files.
- Develops project strategies to ensure efficient completion of tasks.
- Consults with the Firm's support departments and internal staff at all levels, verifying the accuracy of completed work.
- Acquires and deploys an understanding of all practice areas of the Firm along with knowledge of practice-specific tasks.
- Coordinates with other Firm offices, both domestic and international, as required.
- Assists with Department initiatives and special projects.
- Assures that all completed projects adhere to accepted professional standards.
- Assists with preparing materials for presentations and conferences.
- Enters attorneys' time records and submits attorneys' expense reports.
- Assists with attorneys' calendaring and scheduling requests.
- Assists with attorneys' administrative requests.
- Performs responsibilities of other support services when needed, including printing, scanning, duplicating, quality control, faxing and hand-delivering packages.
- Organizes and facilitates conference and video calls.
- Answers, screens, places phone calls, and takes detailed messages.
- Monitors, assigns and completes job requests received through the Supplemental Work Assistance Team service.
- Assists with processing and payment of vendor invoices.
- Opens, reads and routes mail, as directed.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Prepares engagement letters and new matter memos for new clients and matters.
- Assists with new-business conflicts process.
- Assists in promoting business development, entering contacts and business activities in InterAction and coordinating with Marketing department as required.
- Coordinates with Conference Services for internal and client meeting requests, including but not limited to audio-visual, catering services and external vendors.
- Coordinates client-related business meals and maintains up-to-date knowledge of Firm- and attorney-preferred restaurants.
- Receives and interacts with incoming clients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Proficiency in a second language (French, Spanish, Portuguese) preferred but not required
- Notary license preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum one year of related experience in a law or professional services firm
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.