Skadden is looking for an Administrative Project Coordinator to provide high-level assistance to assigned partner, which includes handling administrative tasks, travel arrangements, document management, business development and other high-level, complex tasks and projects. Additionally, this position:
- Performs assignments that are varied and complex in nature, often while under time critical deadlines.
- Answers, screens, places phone calls, and takes detailed messages.
- Coordinates and maintains partner's schedule and appointments.
- Organizes and facilitates conference and video calls, including, but not limited to WebEx and Zoom.
- Coordinates complex travel request, including, but not limited to, the procurement of visa-related materials and passport renewal applications.
- Schedules ground service transportation.
- Enters partner's time tickets.
- Prepares partner's expense reports and assists in the resolution of outstanding personal expense statements.
- Opens, reads, and routes mail, as directed.
- Maintains current client contact lists.
- Coordinates with the Special Projects Coordinator and the Client Administration department to assist with client bill preparation and tracking.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware being used by assigned partner, in consultation with technology staff.
- Assists with preparing materials for presentations and conferences.
- Develops project strategies to ensure efficient completion of tasks.
- Consults with the Firm's support departments and internal staff at all levels, verifying the accuracy of completed work.
- Assures that all completed projects adhere to accepted professional standards.
- Assists with document management and records retention for administrative files.
- Assists with processing and payment of vendor invoices.
- Assists with Department initiatives and special projects.
- Assists with partner's administrative and personal work.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Prepares engagement letters and new matter memos for new clients and matters.
- Assists with new-business conflicts process.
- Assists in promoting business development, entering contacts and business activities in InterAction and coordinating with Marketing Department as required.
- Coordinates with Conference Services for internal and client meeting requests, including, but not limited to audio-visual, catering services and external vendors.
- Coordinates client-related business meals and maintains up-to-date knowledge of Firm and partner preferred restaurants.
- Receives and interacts with incoming clients and visitors.
- Ability to provide upper-margin customer service.
- Ability to synthesize information to prioritize and organize tasks.
- High proficiency with relevant Firm computer software programs such as Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrates the initiative and confidence to assume a high level of responsibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a wide range of tasks extending beyond routine expectations.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive matters.
- Ability to read, interpret, convey, and follow instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail; is neat and accurate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a calm and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively, within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, assignments, and shifting responsibilities and deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility to adjust work hours and schedule to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of related experience in a law or professional services firm.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.