Skadden is looking for an Associate Engagement Project Assistant to assist in all Associate Engagement initiatives including; activities related to Associate Mentor Programs, onboarding, Firm social and community building events, pulse surveys, DE&I programming and associate engagement projects. Handles daily administrative activities of the department.
- Aides in all tasks associated with all Mentor Programs:
- Tracks participation
- Maintains a budget
- Updates and tracks mentor assignment changes (i.e.: rotation switches, additional new associates etc.) and ensuing reports as needed
- Handles daily administrative activities of the department, including scheduling meetings, generating correspondence and responding to informational requests
- Supports implementation of Firm social and community building events and activities:
- Maintains files and spreadsheets with program details
- Assists in organizing events by working with internal conference services and external vendors Tracks RSVPs and other administrative details for events
- Assists with the onboarding of incoming associates, including:
- Updating and maintaining the internal new associate website
- Ensuring quality control of the links and related information on the website
- Aides in the creation and implementation of periodic pulse and engagement surveys, including:
- Formatting reports
- Tracking responses
- Coordinating with the external survey vendor
- Provides administrative support in organizing and implementing DE&I related programming, including:
- Monitoring and tracking engagement related Affinity Networks goals and objectives
- Supporting DE&I mentoring programs
- Scheduling stay interviews
- Liaise with vendors (e.g.: loan consolidation companies, and other perks and benefits as they arise) to schedule webinars, post announcements on the intranet and coordinate in-office visits.
- Contributes to the planning of onboarding and integration efforts.
- Aides in the organization of Skadden sports teams, including maintaining captain contact list, processing check request, etc.
- Helps Coordinate the annual Corporate Challenge, including marketing, registration, catering arrangements, t-shirt design, and day-of logistics.
- Processes check requests for various expenses.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with others
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of one year administrative experience preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.