Skadden, Arps is in search of an Immigration and Global Mobility Assistant that will assist in the preparation of immigrant and non-immigrant visa petition filings with the USCIS and visa sponsor organizations for all attorneys, including Summer associates, Incoming associates and lateral hires and organizes documents and facts for each stage of filing.
- Prepares and coordinates the following: credential evaluation with the evaluation agency, Labor Condition Application with Dept of Labor, and translation of documents.
- Inputs visa information into immigration software and maintains visa tracking database.
- Monitors visa expiration dates and visa filing deadlines.
- Keeps up to date on developments in immigration law. Obtains information regarding latest consular processing procedures via web searches and consulate contacts.
- Prepares and maintains public access files.
- Assists with Form I-9 form compliance.
- Provides administrative support for expatriate, international assignment and other global mobility matters.
- Compiles biographical information required for international business visitor visas and work permits.
- Provides administrative support including filing, copying, and other clerical duties.
- Prepares expense reports
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of one year's related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.