This position provides support to the Director of Talent Acquisition and Associate Engagement, as well as the Senior Attorney Recruiting Managers. Assists with all aspects of attorney recruiting including the on-campus interview process, Summer Associate Program and lateral hiring. Handles daily administrative activities of the department.
- Assists with on-campus recruiting tasks.
- Assists with recruiting marketing materials, including print materials, website, intranet site and promotional items.
- Assists with planning of recruiting events.
- Enters, distributes and updates daily interview schedules (approx. 13/day, with at least 1 revision each).
- Schedules students for in-house interviews.
- Assists with data entry and maintenance of Summer Associate files.
- Performs general administrative duties including answering phones and generating correspondence.
- Creates invitations, tracks event RSVPs, and prepares nametags for recruiting events.
- Organizes recruiting group dinners.
- Coordinates special projects for Summer Program.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of six months related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.