Skadden is looking for a Billing Audit Coordinator to join the Client Administration department in our NYC office. This person will be responsible for coordinating the Firm-wide bill posting and reporting processes.
- Communicates with billers regarding problems with their posting packages and offers appropriate solutions to these problems.
- Prepares and reconciles the Daily, Weekly and Monthly Billing Report that is sent to Firm management.
- Coordinates the write-off approval process.
- Provides training and guidance to new employees regarding the bill audit process.
- Actively audits Client Accounting posting procedures, processes and goals by coordinating work effort including but not limited to timely posting of client bills and follow-up on outstanding issues with secretarial and other Firm staff.
- Understands and responds to inquiries and requests made by attorneys, secretaries, legal assistants and staff and demonstrates this understanding through the use of effective communication.
- Identifies and communicates to supervisor training and coaching needs of department staff.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of one year of related experience preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.