We are in search of a Client Accounting Analyst to review and analyze documents and data, execute projects with regard to Outside Counsel Guidelines ("OCG") and Requests for Proposal ("RFP"), to follow up with management and partners, as well as performing other functions related to maintaining and analyzing client relationships to meet the evolving needs of the Firm.
- Analyzes documents and data, interprets results, summarizes findings and presents to partners and management for effective decision making.
- Review and analyze RFPs and draft internal and external facing responses relating thereto.
- Review and analyze OCGs, identify relevant issues of concern to the Firm, and draft both internal and external facing responses related thereto.
- Facilitate the implementation of accounting processes to comply with client agreements.
- Serves as resource regarding RFPs and OCGs related content.
- Updates departmental documentation relating to RFP's and OCGs analysis.
- Review and analyze investment and realization reports and communicate key metrics.
- Reviews documentation and creates database records summarizing OCGs; performs on-going maintenance of related database.
- Understands and responds to inquiries from partners, other attorneys as well as staff and demonstrates this understanding through the use of effective communication.
- Handles multiple client analysis projects.
- Liaises with various administrative departments as necessary to complete assignments.
- Supports other Client Accounting Analyst(s) with client administration functions, including but not limited to, pricing scenarios, budget estimates and analysis of special billing arrangements.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and relational databases, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years' law firm/industry experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.