This role reviews information for client matters, which partners are responsible for billing/collecting, as well as handles complex billing and client analysis projects as needed. Additionally, this position:
- Handles complex billing and client analysis projects as needed.
- Document meetings/discussions with partners for actions and/or later follow-up. Prepare bills, internal forms and back-up including preparation of narrative descriptions, write offs, transfers, retainer and on account application. Follows-up processing of such paperwork.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information made by attorneys, legal assistants and staff.
- Participates in answering and serving the Firm’s billing and collection help line. Updates monthly reminder memos and lists for distribution by department target date. Follows-up reminder memo responses, including sending reminder letters, preparing A/R write-offs and providing back-up and/or additional information.
- Update the department’s central reminder letter schedule.
- Updates and maintains information for billing logs, reminder memo logs and response sheet, partner serviced list/production log, and client/matter logs.
- Maintains complete and up to date files for each partner and /or client.
- Communicates situations as they evolve that may require supervisor follow-up, such as bills not returned from attorney, difficult requests, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Aderant knowledge
- Ability to learn various PC applications
- Ability to organize/prioritize work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Works well under pressure
- Deals with courteously/effectively with others
- Pays attentions to detail
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- One to two years of related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.