Skadden is looking for an Client Accounting Billing Rate Assistant. This position assists with the implementation and maintenance of the Firm's billing rates, including both the standard rate structure as well as non-standard billing arrangements. Additionally, this position:
- Assists with inputting billing rate data into the ADERANT Accounting system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Coordinates with team members to assist with day-to-day operations, including ad-hoc requests, timekeeper and client rate management, and the implementation of non-standard billing arrangements.
- Assists with the preparation of timekeeper charts for use by Firm Management in the periodic review of the standard rate structure, non-standard billing arrangements and client submissions.
- Communicates directly with partners, partner secretaries and others to obtain missing information, clarification of existing information, and other required data prior to assist with the implementation of special billing arrangements.
- Assist with the preparation and updating of a wide range of documentation relating to the Firm's billing rates.
- Understands and responds to inquiries and requests made by attorneys, clients, secretaries, legal assistants and staff and demonstrates this understanding through the use of effective communication.
- Provides relevant knowledge and support to others in the Firm in a manner that increases the level of understanding of Client Accounting processes (including the ability to formulate strong work team relationships with both the partners and their secretaries.)
- Communicates situations as they evolve that may require supervisor follow-up such as special situations needing management input, difficulty fulfilling attorney requests, or workload situations that may jeopardize meeting department service guidelines and/or partner guidelines. When possible, offers solution options for various situations.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date files for each non-standard billing arrangement implemented via a rate set.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of all aspects of the billing rate and billing process
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.