Skadden is looking for a Client Accounting Collections Coordinator to provide client accounting analysis, follow up of aged unpaid invoices and support to partners. Coordinate client accounting activity for assigned clients to meet service guidelines.
- Assists with handling multiple complex A/R and client analysis projects.
- Maintains information on and is knowledgeable in all aspects of assigned client accounts.
- Clearly communicates and responds to inquiries and requests made by clients, attorneys, and support staff.
- Responsible for accruals, A/R, and relevant e-billing issues for the Firm's financial clients.
- Implements Client Accounting procedures, processes and goals by coordinating work effort including timely follow up of client bills and follow-up on outstanding balances with billing, secretarial and other Firm staff.
- Understands and responds to inquiries and requests made by clients, attorneys, and support staff.
- Maintains client and vendor e-billing relationships on an on-going basis.
- Research and escalate aged A/R & Unbilled balances for Firm wide clients.
- Prepares A/R write-offs as needed.
- Documents meetings/discussions with billers, partners and clients for actions and/or later follow-up
- Communicates issues and escalates as needed.
- Participates in system testing.
- Provides monthly status reports on the Firm's financial clients.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date files for each partner and/or client.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Daily interaction with the Ebilling & billing teams to review and resolve rejected or partial invoices.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two plus years billing and/or collections experience with some account analysis related functions; law firm experience a plus
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.