Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Client Accounting Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing client accounting analysis and billing support to partners. Coordinates client accounting activity for assigned partners and practice areas to meet service guidelines. Responsibilities include:
- Handles complex billing and client analysis projects.
- Reviews outstanding balance reports and is proactive about trouble spots.
- Understands and responds to inquiries and requests made by clients, attorneys and support staff.
- Provides relevant knowledge and support to others in the Firm.
- Ability to formulate strong work team relationships both internally and externally.
- Prepares bills and internal forms including appropriate back-up required to process monthly reminder memos, A/R write-offs, retainer and on-account applications, etc.
- Handles assigned partner(s) billing and collection activity.
- Participates in answering and serving the Firm's billing and collection help line.
- Documents meetings/discussions with partners for actions and/or later follow-up.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date files for each partner and/or client.
- Updates and maintains logs for billing, reminder memos and responses.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Aderant, Outlook, Excel, Word), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to work and develop skills independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities • Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team • Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Deals courteously and effectively with others
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one year legal billing work experience with some account analysis related functions
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $75,000 - $85,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.