This position reviews and analyzes documents and data related to the pricing of legal services; synthesizes and presents information to partners and senior management to meet the evolving needs of the Firm.
- Analyze documents and data, interpret results and provide pricing support to the Firm's partners, senior management and clients to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Prepare estimates as to the cost of the Firm's legal services for both prospective and existing matters across all Firm practice areas, including litigation, regulatory and transactional work.
- Develops pricing models and evaluates pricing scenarios to satisfy client requirements.
- Draft fee-related language in response to requests for proposal (RFPs) and suggest possible competitive fee structures.
- Measures and evaluates performance of individual matters and portfolios of work against billing arrangements using established metrics.
- Analyze historical matter data and prepare custom categorizations of legal services to satisfy client and matter-specific requirements.
- Compiles and analyzes data and historical statistics relating to utilization and realization, and recommends necessary pricing to sell services profitably.
- Engage attorneys in substantive dialogue regarding the legal work to be priced through demonstrated knowledge of the Firm's practice areas.
- Assists in developing and maintaining pricing model database.
- Analyzes performance of specific engagements against budget.
- Supports other Client Accounting Analyst(s) with client administration functions, including but not limited to, analysis of request for proposals, outside counsel guidelines and special billing arrangements.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and relational databases (preferred), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years law firm/industry experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.