Skadden is looking for a Client Accounting Special Billing Arrangements Analyst to join the Firm. This position reviews and analyzes documents and data, executes projects, captures data, and synthesizes and presents information regarding Special Billing Arrangements to partners and senior management to meet the evolving needs of the Firm. Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying to this position. Additionally, the position:
- Analyzes documents and data, interprets results, summarizes findings, and presents to partners and management for effective decision-making.
- Analyzes performance of individual matters and portfolios of business against established budgets, revenue and realization.
- Prepares estimates based on the nature of services and type of billing arrangement.
- Reviews documentation and creates database records summarizing Special Billing Arrangements; performs ongoing maintenance of related database.
- Identifies and develops quality control mechanisms to monitor workflow with respect to the capture of information relating to Special Billing Arrangements.
- Compiles and analyzes historical data, identifies trends and recommends necessary pricing to sell services profitably.
- Analyze financial data and assist partners and management in preparing business proposals involving alternative fee arrangements
- Provides relevant knowledge and support to others in the Firm in a manner that increases the level of understanding of corporate transactions and special billing arrangements.
- Understands and responds to inquiries and requests made by attorneys, secretaries, legal assistants and staff and demonstrates this understanding through the use of effective communication.
- Assists with updating documentation relating to Special Billing Arrangements.
- Supports other Client Accounting Analyst(s) with client administration functions, including but not limited to, analysis of request for proposals, outside counsel guidelines, pricing scenarios and budget estimates.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Administration procedures and processes.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs relational databases (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.